A Little Accident- and some other stuff

 


 

On Friday we heard at the school that there were Narwhals at the Flow Edge.  The Flow Edge is where the ice ends and the open water of Hudson's Bay begins.  Ian left school with several staff on ATV's and Snowmobiles.  The Flow Edge can be very dangerous and I even asked an Inuk Staff member to follow them to make sure they were safe.  By the time I left work to walk to the Post Office, they were on their way back having not gotten to the Flow Edge. Ian fell off the ATV he was riding and injured his wrist so it was a dash back to the Health Centre for X-rays before it closed.  The local Health Care workers don't think it is broken but it is really swollen and they have sent the x-rays to Winnipeg to be reviewed. If he needs a cast he will be flown out to Winnipeg.  Fingers Crossed that is not the next steps. 
So, keeping busy while he rests and ices I made Naan bread yesterday and also finished my first sock.  I am quite proud of it! 






Spring has hit Whale Cove.  My fully Waterproof Mukluk's have arrived.  Good up to -30!  The are so soft but do not have much grip.  I need to sand the bottoms.  In the final picture you will see the spring look.  Notice, no googles, and no balaclava.  I am also wearing light weight fleece wind pants and well as my Mukluk's.  Soon it will be too warm for our seal skin mitts.  Temperature with wind chill is hovering around -20 which I can tell you feels quite warm.  Perspective is interesting isn't it?  Have all the side zips on my parka open and pretty soon I will be switching to double fleece and wind breaker!  Feel as light as a feather already!
We are learning so much here!  Some days it is overwhelming....Hard to believe we will be home in Ontario again in less than 3 months now.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The accident was not so little and required a flight out

Sundays in Whale Cove